Saturday, April 4, 2009

Unconditional Love

"One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving."
- from The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho

Just suddenly being reminded again today. Many times, we love somebody because of a reason. Just mention some names in our circle of relationships. She is my best friend because she can understand the deepest me. I love talking to him because we have inexplicable connection. I love them because they are so fun to be with. And other whole long lists of other people with other reasons, which tend to complement each other with different qualities according to our standard of being the happiest person on earth because of the people we love.

But if only we can remove all the things that these people can give to our life, even if we need to love them at the expense of ourselves, ask. Can we still love them as much?

That is unconditional love. When there is nothing they can do to make you love them less. And when you can do it, you are indeed the happiest person on earth because of the people you love.

But even so, I love you anyway
No matter how things have gone
You always have me

- I Love You Anyway, Mocca

No comments:

Post a Comment