Saturday, August 1, 2009

Humanize Yourself

Have you ever been in an awkward situation, when every move you make is just wrong? When everything you would want to say comes out to be just wrong, every direction you walk is just wrong, and everything you do is just so wrong and you just feel ridiculous. You feel very awkward and very out of place.

Good news, you are not alone. You are not the first one, neither you would be the last one, because we are humans. And human makes mistakes. In fact, that's why we are human. You don't need -and no one could ever need you to be perfect at anytime to get the approval from others. And the very fact that you are making wrong moves and making mistakes actually doesn't tell anything but that you can still improve yourself.

I learned, that it doesn't bring any benefit to us if we are afraid of making mistakes in front of others, or worse still, if we are afraid to try anything at all because we are afraid to make mistakes. Let me tell you the paradox; people are afraid to try something in front others not because they are shy, but instead, it is because they are too proud to be ashamed of in fronts of others! And to be frank, that's really true. Everything that we are afraid of: public speaking, giving opinion, etc, is not because we are a shy and introvert people; but because we are too proud to make mistakes and to be ashamed of. And I realize that people who are afraid to make mistakes are the ones who actually do not want to change themselves. They are the ones that are actually saying secretly in their hearts: 'I will show you that I am good enough, that I am perfect enough, that I only deserve your compliments, and not your criticsm. That I am just perfect and no mistake you can find in me. And if ever I present myself to you, I will only do something that will make you compliment me. If I'm not sure or if I am only going to be criticized by you, I might as well not do anything.'

Therefore, it's really not a big deal to make mistakes. It is just a part of our human make-up. And it's really not a big deal with us not being perfect, because really, nobody is perfect. The most important thing is not in being without blemish, the most important thing is that we learn every single time we fail. Do as many mistakes as you can while you are still here on earth, because the moments we are making mistakes are the moments we can learn, and finally become a better person.

You grow up the day you have the first laugh -at yourself!
-Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment