Saturday, May 23, 2009

Proof of Your Dreams

It was only yesterday that my results on last semester's exams out. Not much different from any other semesters though, except that now my status is already a graduate, and unlike any other semester, now I don't need to calculate what scores I should get next semester in order to maintain or achieve certain CGPA anymore.

Happy? Yes and no. The fact is that I realize, setting goals to get certain scores is far easier than choosing which path to go for the next phase of your life. And between where I'm standing right now with my dream and desire lie a long road, deep valleys, and wide oceans.

But still I need to move on. I need to do just whatever I can do to move closer to my destiny, no matter how insignificant it is. Because the proof of your dreams is your pursue. Wanting something without pursuing it is only daydreaming. And this is not what I am doing. I do not want to only daydream; I want to have it. And that's why I need to do something about it; I need to work on my dreams.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sail. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment