Sunday, May 3, 2009

Prisoner vs Free Man

How many years -or decades, or centuries, have we, human race, been struggling on the subject of freedom? Just mention the Magna Carta in 1215, or the Bill of Rights in 1700s, or the Universal Declaration of Human Rights by UN in 1948. I wonder why do we need to have a law, or a written declaration that we human have a right to be free? While human were created from the very beginning to have a free will indeed? We are free men.

Ah, jadi inget. Cuma intermezzo. Lihat countdown hari yang saya pasang di samping? I am just one day and few hours away from The Day I Finish My Bachelor of Engineering! Sebentar lagi saya bebas. Tapi, ngomong-ngomong soal kebebasan, ada beberapa hal yang saya dapetin beberapa waktu ini.

I learnt recently that freedom is not when you have all the things that you need or you want. Rather, freedom for me is when you have nothing more left to lose.

I learnt recently that freedom is not when you don't have any responsibilities. Rather for me, freedom comes when you are given so many choices in your life, but you can choose to do something out of your conscience and be responsible in your own way.

I learnt recently that freedom is not when you don't have any problems and challenges. Rather for me, freedom is when you are faced with obstacles, but you still can have a right attitude to go through it -happily, joyfully.

I learnt recently that freedom is not when nobody treat you badly or disapppoint you. Freedom does not depend on what the world do or do not do to you, because freedom is simply your state of mind. That you will not let anything imprison you -not a disappointment, not a demand or opinion others have on you, not even a history. Such an irony if we are being a prisoner of our own self.

No comments:

Post a Comment