Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dream Races

"We grow great by our dreams," written on an ordinary plastic bag of an ordinary shop -named Shuang Hor, or whatever it is which I believe none of us would have heard about- on an ordinary morning, read by someone who had ordinary plans for the day. Everything was just ordinary, so were the sentence in which the 6 words were placed together to form a meaning. Whether or not the meaning would become extraordinary, I found it to depend on the reader herself.

I read those words. And as soon I read it, I was becoming reminded again of the things I posted before, about dreams and my breakthrough. I soon realized that throughout these times, my dream has grown me, and it is going to grow me even more. It is never what you have already had, or what you have already seen that will grow you, but it is what you dream you would have, or what you would become that will grow you. Our dream will force us to search, learn, and look for things, for ways. And before we knew it, we have become bigger people inside. It is our dream that will enlarge our capacity to have even bigger dreams. And I was reminded that keep having an unanswered dream at some point of your life does not necessarily mean that you are stuck. Rather it means that you have more rooms and opportunities to progress, and to grow bigger before your dream is answered.

In speaking about this, there is this book, The Alchemist, which was suggested by my somehow-so-happy-we-meet-again friend, by Paulo Coelho. And what he said is really true, "It is the possibility of having a dream come true that makes life interesting." Though it may not yet come to pass, but the possibility of having it, is what will keep us going.

And in fact, throughout our lives, we should not have such thing as 'dreams accomplished.' We need to keep on dreaming, because the dreams will keep us going. So I will take this stage of my life as one part of the dream races. Where one dream that I'm going to achieve will take me to another unanswered dreams to achieve. On and on and on. Greater and greater.

A dream is a wish your heart makes
When you're fast asleep
In dreams you lose your heartaches
Whatever you wish, you keep

Have faith in your dreams and someday
Your rainbow will come shining through
No matter how your heart is grieving
If you keep on believing
The dream that you wish will come true

- From Disney, Cinderella Theme Song


No comments:

Post a Comment