Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Happy New Year!

As we're coming into the new year in a couple of days -just as usual, and just like what everybody does; it's been like a tradition rather- everyone of us must have come out with a new resolution. Some of us would ponder again, how we want to become in the next coming year. Some of us would flash back; think all over again, what we have done wrong, how we can be better in the future. And the date 31st of December and 1st of January would be just the sacred dates for us, whereby we think it's really important to commit something with ourselves on those two days. So actually, for everyone of us (most of us, at least), we find it very important to leave something behind and to begin something new; to be given a second chance to try our better every single time.

So here we are. At the brim of the year 2009. In front of us lies a vast, blank pages of 2010. Looking back at the year 2009, I still can't believe I can be here. I must say, it's been an amazing year. I had my bests, and I had my worsts. I had my highs, and I had my lows. I had my laughs, and I had my tears. But on top of it all, by grace, I went forward.

So as we are making our lists of resolution, let us think what needs to be done. Someone said, the not-to-do lists are just as important as the t0-do lists. And after all that's been said and done, like a song says, cherish the life. Live, laugh, love. Happy New Year!

I have been to sorrow, I have been to bliss
Where I'll be tommorow I can only guess
Through the darkest desert
Through the deepest snow
Forward, always forward, I go

What a journey it has been
And the end is not in sight
But the stars are out tonight
And they're bound to guide my way

When they're shining on my life
I can see a better day
I won't let the darkness in
What a journey it has been

Forward, always forward
Onward, always up
Catching every drop of hope
In my empty cup

What a journey it has been

- Journey, Lea Salonga

No comments:

Post a Comment